As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential aged care facilities, retirement villages and home care services offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - plus significant employee benefits such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions.
Activities Officers support the Activities Coordinator in delivering a program of activities and events to support residents living in a Goodwin residential aged care facility. The activity program ensures our residents have access to the support and services they require to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle
- Supporting the Activity Coordinator in the implementation, record keeping and evaluation of the activities program
- Preparing and facilitating activities based on the principles of Montessori
- Encouraging resident participation in planned activities to support them to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle
- Undertaking accurate and timely documentation
- Ensuring residents maintain social connections with their communities - within the facility, with family and friends, the local community and wider community
- Inducting and settling new residents into the facility
- Ensuring the quality of support delivered to residents and meets the required standards
- Commitment to changing management and implementation of innovative programs
- Cert III or above in Leisure and Health (or equivalent)
- Current light rigid (LR) drivers licence (bus licence) or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of innovative and fun activities
- Sound level skills in office systems, procedures, documentation, record keeping, and setting work priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Maintain good spirits even in adversity, possess stamina and robustness
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, click apply now!
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees undergo Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.