As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, and family & lifestyle provisions.
The latest opportunity to join the team is as a full time Café Supervisor in our new Farrer Lifestyle Cafe. The Cafe Supervisor manages the Lifestyle Café and ensure that our residents and other patrons have the opportunity to participate in a friendly and vibrant atmosphere through excellence in customer and food service.
- Undertake allocated shift tasks and support the team to complete shift tasks
- Supervise and develop employees within the cafe
- Provide support and training assistance to new employees
- Assist with food preparation, opening setup, closing cleanup, taking of orders and serving food and beverages
- Responsible for cash handling for the cafe
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and café areas
- Maintain Goodwin’s culture of continuous improvement in the delivery of services
You should have food and beverage skills including Cafe and food preparation duties, a strong customer service philosophy, cash handling skills and cafe or restaurant experience is desirable. It is essential that you possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with a range of people. A Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate and own transport are essential for this role.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, contact Deb Eivers on 0406 375 961 for full application information or apply now.
All Goodwin employees undergo Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.