As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions.
Who we need
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join our facilities on a permanent part time basis. Our catering employees works under the supervision of the Head Chef/Cook.
The successful candidate will be an energetic and highly organised individual with prior hospitality experience. A strong knowledge of Work Health & Safety will be highly regarded, along with good kitchen hand experience. The role requires a good level of physical fitness and knowledge of food handling/service and preparation. You will also be required to assist with general preparation for meals served in the residential facility and for catering events.
- Provide quality catering services in the dining room and kitchen areas.
- Clean and maintain all kitchen and dining areas as per scheduled task logs and hygiene standards under food safety HACCP requirements.
- Help the chef prepare for service by preparing food. Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Adhere to infection control processes.
- Maintain the customer service culture and present professionally to all people.