As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions.
The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE). The CNE is responsible for planning, managing and monitoring training programs for Goodwin with a focus on supporting and providing clinical development and training to Goodwin Residential and Community Care employees. The CNE will also provide operational support, advice and delivery of on-the-job assessments for skills and capabilities.
- Effectively identify, plan, manage and monitor Goodwin’s learning and development activities.
- Assist in facilitating induction and mandatory training for new employees.
- Implement and manage Graduation Program across Goodwin.
- Maintain, create, update and publish learning and development resources.
- Ensure all services and practices are delivered with strong focus in staff development and training obligations.
- Develop annual training calendars for mandatory training programs for all employees.
- Mentor Goodwin staff to acquire new skills, effectively incorporate evidence into practice and develop their critical thinking and clinical judgment abilities.
- Oversee and participate in the planning, delivery and evaluation of mandatory training programs for employees and volunteers to ensure compliance with quality standards and audit requirements.
- Facilitate ongoing development of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills of nursing employees.
- Ensure current and future training needs of employees identified through skill analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers and Goodwin executive is incorporated into the training programs.
You must have a qualification in Nursing, Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (or willingness to obtain) and have comprehensive clinical knowledge and understanding of the aged care sector. To be successful in this role, you must be resilient, positive and enthusiastic in providing clinical support for ongoing development of Goodwin’s education and development programs.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, contact Turin Prasantha on 02 6175 5078 for further information or apply now.
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees must undergo a Criminal Background Check and must be vaccinated against influenza as pre-requisites to employment.
Applications close 30 May 2020