As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions.
The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Community Registered Nurse. As a Community Registered Nurse, you will provide clinical support in the administration of medications and wound management for clients living in their own home. This role also provides support to Senior Clinical Coordinator and Manager Community Care in the specialty areas of gerontology; palliative care; transition from hospital to home; dementia support and mental health.
- Deliver quality clinical care and support to clients in accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
- Efficiently manage appointments to respond to client’s clinical support needs.
- Behaviour management planning, assessment and strategy implementation.
- Transitional support and discharge planning from hospital to home, providing clinical assessment and review.
- As required, managing medical, emergency and allied health responses to meet the health and clinical support needs of clients.
- As required, identifying specific medical, emergency or allied health interventions in the areas of gerontology; palliative care; dementia support and mental health.
- Provide after hours ‘on call’ responses and emergency support to Community clients when rostered on call.
If you have professional qualifications, registration as a nurse in Australia and have a desire to work in a positive award winning aged care environment, this role could be for you. You must have a valid drivers licence and vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, contact Julie Reid on 02 6175 5656 for full application information or apply now.
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. Successful candidate must undergo Criminal Background Check and Pre-Employment Medical including Drug and Alcohol Screen as a pre-requisite to employment.