As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards.
We are currently seeking for a Community On-call Carer to provide on-call community care services to Goodwin clients as required. The Community On-call Carer is a full-time position (rostered for a 38 hour week), and the main priority will be to cover the provision of in-home care to clients. When not needed to cover in-home care to clients, the On-call Carer will assist with a range of administrative support duties.
This role involves travelling between clients' homes and other locations. You must have a vehicle with comprehensive car insurance and a smart mobile phone.
- Provide quality care and support tasks to clients as per care plans.
- Ensure documentation completed as required by policy and procedures.
- Ensure all allocated work tasks are completed through effective prioritisation.
- Ensure the quality of care and support delivered to clients meets set standards.
- Ensure incidents/events are reported to the Management as per policy.
- Medication Assistance: When trained, carers undertake medication administration and the responsibilities connected with medication management in accordance with policies and practices.
To be successful for this role, you must be a self-starter, able to work unsupervised and a Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable; however, we provide skills training and sponsor our employees to gain Certificate III and higher qualifications as you progress your career. You must be an independent worker with an honest and dependable demeanour.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, then apply now!
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees undergo a Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.
Applications close on 05 September 2019
For more information, please contact Julie Reid at 6175 5656.