As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin, too, including financial benefits and personal supports. The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Day Club Officer.
The Day Club Officer is responsible for the development and effective delivery of activities and events within the Day Club programs which aim to reduce social isolation and increase wellness in elderly clients. This is a part time position and the days of work is from Tuesday to Friday.
- Transport clients in bus to and from Day Club and conduct outings
- Ensure smooth operation of Day Club programs
- Implementing and delivering of programmes
- Implement and evaluate strategies that achieve the objectives of programs
- Assist with client reviews and care plans
- Provide suggestions for future planning
- Provide feedback in relation to clients ability to effectively participate in program
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate events to a high standard
- A genuine interest in and commitment to caring for seniors
- Excellent negotiation, representation and communication skills
- Strong organisational, capabilities and good problem-solving skill
- Knowledge of health, well-being and care support to older people
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Self-motivated with a capacity to contribute significantly within a team environment
- Current drivers licence with a willingness to undertake a light rigid driver’s license (preferable to have bus licence but not essential)
- Background in community sector or a similar field is desirable
Further information about the role can be found in the Goodwin website or please contact Neil Acharya on 0408 449 022.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, click apply now!
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees undergo a Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.