As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards.
The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Casual Health Club Coach. The Health Club Coach will deliver fitness classes to Goodwin clients as per the Health Club timetable with an aim of increasing their strength, balance and overall health and wellbeing. The timetable will include yoga and meditation, tai chi and weights and resistance classes as a minimum.
- Demonstrate to clients how to carry out various exercises and routines.
- Watch clients do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimise injury and improve fitness.
- Give alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and
- Monitor clients' progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment.
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues. Maintain professional registration and advise Goodwin of any changes to registration.
To be successful in this role, you must have a Statement of attainment in group exercise leadership, experience in conducting group fitness classes and working with older people. Candidate with Cert III or IV in Fitness or a Registered Yoga instructor is desirable.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, then apply now!
For more information, go to www.goodwin.org.au or contact Kate Fogarty on 02 6175 5668 .
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees undergo a Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.