As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions.
The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Physiotherapist. The Physiotherapist must possess the relevant skills to assess mobility and pain management requirements; as well as the physical capabilities, potential for independence and restrictions of residents with various illnesses and conditions, to develop and deliver appropriate physiotherapy and pain programs in residential care and in client homes.
- Provide a range of services including assessments, one-on-one and group interventions and pain management / planning and monitoring for residents/clients.
- Undertake one-on-one consultation in the development and monitoring of individualised physiotherapy and pain management programs.
- Work with other employees and managers to identify and evaluate individual needs and outcomes.
- Establish effective and appropriate patterns of communication with residents/clients, families, colleagues and management.
- All work practices and documentation meets legislative and funding requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all services and practices are delivered with strong focus in individual resident/client needs.
- Demonstrates a partnership of care planning with residents/clients, family and /or significant others ensuring that they are included in their decision-making processes and implementation of care.
- Plan, develop and review appropriate group physiotherapy and pain programs for residents/clients with a chronic illness.
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards of practice relating to resident/client assessment, treatment and family liaison.
- Ensures confidentiality of residents/clients, other employees and organisational information.
- Maintain accountability with the Allied Health Manager targets.
- Develop and monitor plans for improvement where required.
The successful candidate will be a positive and highly organised individual with prior experience and demonstrated excellence in specialist assessment and the delivery of evidenced based physiotherapy reablement and restorative interventions. You must have a current unrestricted drivers licence, registration as a Physiotherapist with AHPRA and willing to register with Medicare Australia and DVA. Previous Physiotherapy experience in an aged care and/or health care industry will be given high regard.
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees undergo Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, contact Toral Modi on 0433 602 772 for full application information or apply now.