As Canberra's longest-standing aged care provider, and one of the largest private employers in ACT, Goodwin offers a range of career paths for an exciting future of your choice. Our residential care facilities, retirement villages and home care services across Canberra offer extraordinary experiences and personal rewards - and there are significant employee benefits at Goodwin such as discounts from local companies, training, workplace incentives, family and lifestyle provisions. The latest opportunity to join the team is as a Quality Officer – Clinical.
The Quality Officer - Clinical is a member of the Quality Directorate team that undertakes audits and reviews to monitor and report on organisational governance and service quality for all Goodwin operations. The role will support the General Manager Quality in ensuring all functional and business units of Goodwin comply with the relevant policies, procedures and with legislative /regulatory requirements, within the established Goodwin standards. The Quality Officer - Clinical will provide advice, implementation and monitoring of Goodwin's clinical quality systems to ensure they are operating effectively and efficiently in line with the requirements.
- Assist in the planning of the Goodwin wide annual internal assurance review program.
- Undertake internal clinical and other operational assurance reviews in accordance with the annual assurance program and liaise with relevant Executives and Managers to assist in implementation of the assurance recommendations and resulting action plans
- Identify high risk findings immediately with the General Manager Quality and the relevant Business Unit Managers.
- Provide for high level professionally presented written and verbal reports on the assurance findings and recommendations.
- Assist the business units in meeting the relevant Accreditation and Quality standards requirements.
- Assist in the development and review of documentation associated with quality systems.
- Contribute to improving the clinical and support operations delivered by Goodwin.
- Undertake required professional development activities to maintain Quality Officer-Clinical position and/or relevant professional registration.
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining the below selection criteria:
- Experience in quality / performance auditing
- Experience in system performance indicator analysis and reporting
- Experience in policy development and review
- Understanding of Aged Care systems and programs and legislative processes
- Professional qualifications and current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse in Australia
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly word and excel
If this sounds like you and you're excited by an opportunity to work with Goodwin, contact Jay Jayashankar on 0436 811 115 for further information or apply now.
You must be an Australian Citizen or have work rights for Australia to be eligible to apply. All Goodwin employees must undergo a Criminal Background Check and must be vaccinated against influenza as pre-requisites to employment.
Applications close 18 May 2020